Monday, November 1, 2010

You're in a car with a beautiful boy,

and one of you is about to leave.
It doesn't matter who the car actually belongs to,
the amount of repellent power between the two of you
could force either one from the vehicle.  And the game
only ends when the person stubborn enough
to sit and stew in their own obstinacy pushes
the other far enough away, that regardless of proximity,
they'll never be close again.

You're in a car with a beautiful boy...

(I saw the original Richard Siken poem on another blog, and the author's name wasn't cited, so I thought it was a writing exercise and I took a crack at it. I hope I haven't offended anyone by doing so, but I would kind of like to see what others come up with to say in this frame. Give it a try.)

No comments:

Post a Comment